Netgear - Figures, It breaks as soon as warranty is invalid! No Help Unless Paid For!

Same thing happened to us, just now.Called Netgear (it's been about a month or two out of warranty, NEVER had any issues with it, until now).

They said it would cost me $89 in order to have them even help me with it or assist me in any type of problem solving. Only info I was given was "From here, I can see your settings are all messed up, this is why you are having issues." That is it. Wouldn't go any further into what the issue was until I paid them for the tech support so they could remotely access my computer. Informed them it seemed fishy to me that JUST out of the warranty and NOW all of a sudden my "settings were all messed up"??!

I said it didn't make sense considering I don't even know how to mess with the settings, nor have I ever tried and haven't had any issues til these past few weeks. Now my internet drops on a dime. Randomly, never any warning and amount of time it's down is always different. Could be 1 minute, could be 20 minutes.

Told them it was suspect and that if their $100 modems couldn't last past it's limited time warranty (of 1yr), that they either need to drop the prices dramatically or stop selling JUNK. And yes, my customer service person was middle eastern, could barely understand two words they were saying. Frustrating!!! And considering someone had their computer all messed up from having Netgear have remote access and trying to help......I refuse to even consider allowing them access.

For the amount they are asking from consumers to pay for this remote access assistance, you can buy a new modem from a more reputable manufacturer and better customer service! NOT the way to do business. People invest their hard earned money into these products, only to be told that the defective item you already paid for requires you to pay for help when the piece of *** breaks!?

Wondering if the settings are set to "scramble" once warranties are up.Makes you wonder!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Poor Quality Product=Paid Tech support needed!?!?!
Preferred solution:
I want a replacement, refund or company to agree to find solution for the product I have without having to pay for additional help. Customer service should be given to help someone when a defective product situation arises.
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Netgear Modem Router C3000
Review category
Gadgets and Accessories
review #928393 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Netgear? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Netgear. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Netgear.
Filing a new complaint about