Netgear - Figures, It breaks as soon as warranty is invalid! No Help Unless Paid For!
Same thing happened to us, just now.Called Netgear (it's been about a month or two out of warranty, NEVER had any issues with it, until now).
They said it would cost me $89 in order to have them even help me with it or assist me in any type of problem solving. Only info I was given was "From here, I can see your settings are all messed up, this is why you are having issues." That is it. Wouldn't go any further into what the issue was until I paid them for the tech support so they could remotely access my computer. Informed them it seemed fishy to me that JUST out of the warranty and NOW all of a sudden my "settings were all messed up"??!
I said it didn't make sense considering I don't even know how to mess with the settings, nor have I ever tried and haven't had any issues til these past few weeks. Now my internet drops on a dime. Randomly, never any warning and amount of time it's down is always different. Could be 1 minute, could be 20 minutes.
Told them it was suspect and that if their $100 modems couldn't last past it's limited time warranty (of 1yr), that they either need to drop the prices dramatically or stop selling JUNK. And yes, my customer service person was middle eastern, could barely understand two words they were saying. Frustrating!!! And considering someone had their computer all messed up from having Netgear have remote access and trying to help......I refuse to even consider allowing them access.
For the amount they are asking from consumers to pay for this remote access assistance, you can buy a new modem from a more reputable manufacturer and better customer service! NOT the way to do business. People invest their hard earned money into these products, only to be told that the defective item you already paid for requires you to pay for help when the piece of *** breaks!?
Wondering if the settings are set to "scramble" once warranties are up.Makes you wonder!
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
- Reason of review:
- Poor Quality Product=Paid Tech support needed!?!?!
- Preferred solution:
- I want a replacement, refund or company to agree to find solution for the product I have without having to pay for additional help. Customer service should be given to help someone when a defective product situation arises.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Netgear Modem Router C3000
- Netgear Technical Support
- Review category
- Gadgets and Accessories
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "The website states over and over again both in text and images that there is a 100% money back guarantee, no risk, etc. When trying to obtain a refund, you..."
- "I placed an order from HobbyKing on March 16, 2015. I received two items which were incorrect. I informed HobbyKing and they refused to acknowledge that they put..."
- "TODAY 22/06/2016 BY THE DHL company became the new phone nothing works ,nothing happened after charging 9 hours in Israel a paid tax . I have a phone that doesn't work..."
- "All three half-time announcers on CBS just pronounced our State name, and that of the University of Nevada, incorrectly! Why do the live game announcers correctly pronounce the University of..."
- "My husband bought me a Le Vian chocolate and white Diamond band for our anniversary and i have had it less than 2 months. One of the white diamonds has..."
- "I received a letter in the mail stating I was "Pre-approved" for a credit card. After having difficulty signing up online I decided to call. Eventually, I was told that..."
- "I bought a leather sofa with 5 year extended warranty after a year leather starting fading. Contacted their warranty deptt but never had any person that can come and see..."
- "Chain is turning pink in some areas. Very poor quality for the cost. Will never purchase jewelry from this company, pure junk! Contact the designer and she..."
- "I ordered a t-shirt from TeeChip back on October 11, 2015. I finally got it on November 3, 2015. I filed a complain with TeeChip on Nov 3 and have..."