Netgear - Figures, It breaks as soon as warranty is invalid! No Help Unless Paid For!
Same thing happened to us, just now.Called Netgear (it's been about a month or two out of warranty, NEVER had any issues with it, until now).
They said it would cost me $89 in order to have them even help me with it or assist me in any type of problem solving. Only info I was given was "From here, I can see your settings are all messed up, this is why you are having issues." That is it. Wouldn't go any further into what the issue was until I paid them for the tech support so they could remotely access my computer. Informed them it seemed fishy to me that JUST out of the warranty and NOW all of a sudden my "settings were all messed up"??!
I said it didn't make sense considering I don't even know how to mess with the settings, nor have I ever tried and haven't had any issues til these past few weeks. Now my internet drops on a dime. Randomly, never any warning and amount of time it's down is always different. Could be 1 minute, could be 20 minutes.
Told them it was suspect and that if their $100 modems couldn't last past it's limited time warranty (of 1yr), that they either need to drop the prices dramatically or stop selling JUNK. And yes, my customer service person was middle eastern, could barely understand two words they were saying. Frustrating!!! And considering someone had their computer all messed up from having Netgear have remote access and trying to help......I refuse to even consider allowing them access.
For the amount they are asking from consumers to pay for this remote access assistance, you can buy a new modem from a more reputable manufacturer and better customer service! NOT the way to do business. People invest their hard earned money into these products, only to be told that the defective item you already paid for requires you to pay for help when the piece of *** breaks!?
Wondering if the settings are set to "scramble" once warranties are up.Makes you wonder!
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
- Reason of review:
- Poor Quality Product=Paid Tech support needed!?!?!
- Preferred solution:
- I want a replacement, refund or company to agree to find solution for the product I have without having to pay for additional help. Customer service should be given to help someone when a defective product situation arises.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Netgear Modem Router C3000
- Netgear Technical Support
- Review category
- Gadgets and Accessories
You May Also Like
- "I ordered the 3.0 VGA to USB so that I can use double screens on my all-in-one HP desktop and after I installed the software sent with the vga to..."
- "Date: Sep 23, 2015 Perk: Early Bird - 200 cm 1 Brand New MicFlip Cable ( 200 cm length ) FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING Estimated Delivery Date: Sep 15, 2015 Contribution Amount: Early Bird..."
- "I bought an external Toshiba 3TB hard drive at Walmart. It was packaged as new, with the cable, power supply, etc. When I plugged it into my computer,..."
- "I purchased a remote start unit as a Christmas gift for my wife. I wanted to install the unit my self but they insisted I let them, as the installation..."
- "I ordered a t-shirt from TeeChip back on October 11, 2015. I finally got it on November 3, 2015. I filed a complain with TeeChip on Nov 3 and have..."
- "Chain is turning pink in some areas. Very poor quality for the cost. Will never purchase jewelry from this company, pure junk! Contact the designer and she..."
- "Had my UP2 for 8 months when the band broke, split in two. Filed a claim in Sept. '16 and was told they would replace within 3-4 weeks. As with..."
- "I purchased a brand new laptop computer on November 29th and it was sent on November 30th. I received the computer on December 6th. On Decemberr 7th, I opened the..."
- "I got a Tee Shirt instead of a Hoodie I ordered and I haven't gotten anything back from then other than canned responses. The hoodie was a XL Men's hoodie...."